Information We Collect
The Site collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through GME’s technologies.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that the Site collects directly from you may include:
• Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
• Educational and professional background information;
• Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to the Site; and
• Interests and communication preferences
Information Collected Automatically
• Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
• Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier ("UDID") and other technical identifiers;
• Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Site.
We may use and disclose information that does not reveal your identity or permit direct association with any specific individual, such as browser and device information, anonymous usage data and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law. If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
You can control cookies through your browser's settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of the Site.
Use of Your Information
We may use your personal information to:
• Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
• Provide you with information about GME
Disclosure of Your Information
Before Securing a GME Placement
During the application and interview process, we may share your personal information with:
• Relevant contacts at GME sponsor companies where you could be placed as a future trainee
Upon receiving a job offer from a GME Host Organization
Should you be accepted on the program, we will share your personal information with the following:
• Applicable business and government organizations to secure your J-1 visa;
• Applicable health insurance providers to secure coverage for your 12-month training period, and;
• Applicable banking entities to set up your US bank account
We also may need to disclose your personal information:
• to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
• to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
• to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and
• to protect the rights, property or safety of our sponsor organizations
GME takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.
Cross-Border Transfer of Your Information
Your personal information may be transferred to other countries for the purpose of securing references. By using the Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different personal data protection rules than in your country.